Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mac and Cheese Add-Ins

Almost everyone, (I know there are a few out there who don't!), loves them some good ole' fashion Mac and Cheese! Some days you just really don't feel like making something extravagant or you just need something quick to feed the kids. Mac and Cheese can be made a few different ways so that everyone doesn't get tired of eating it during the summer. For all these quick little "add-ins", I just use Kraft Mac and Cheese and just make it according to the directions on the box.

A few things I do to spruce up my Mac and Cheese:


  1. Add hot dogs or polish sausage: Probably my favorite. Get your favorite hot dog / sausage, slice it up to whatever thickness you feel like eating, fry it up on a small skillet and add to your mac and cheese. I usually start cooking these right as I start boiling the water and then when they are done cooking I'll throw them in with the Mac as it boils or I'll put a lid on it to keep it warm.
  2. Hot dogs with Mac and Cheese on top! Random I know, and quite a bit messy, but super good!!
  3. Last thing I'll list for now is PEAS! My wife loves having peas added to her Mac and Cheese. You just need to add frozen one about 3-4 minutes before the Macaroni is done boiling, or you can add it separately. It is pretty good I will have to admit.
















What are some things that you have put in your Mac and Cheese to spruce it up?! Leave a comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment